Holiday scramble eggs loaded with crab, shrimp and asparagus for brunch for a crowd or special breakfast for two. To increase the decadence, substitute crème fraîche for the milk.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ½ cup fresh crabmeat, all shells removed
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 12 skinny asparagus spears, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced into ¼” pieces, white and green parts
- 2 Tbsp Gallo Family Vineyards white holiday wine
- 10 large eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 squirts of Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly salt and pepper the shrimp and sauté 2 – 3 minutes per side. The shrimp should be loosely curled. Coarsely chop and mix with the crabmeat in a medium bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and scallions and sauté for 10 minutes, or until softened. Add the wine and continue to cook until the wine has largely evaporated. Add the vegetables to the bowl of seafood.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and sriracha in a large bowl. Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the eggs. When they reach a soft scramble stage, fold in the seafood-vegetable mixture, and cheeses. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes, or until they reach the degree of firmness you prefer. The eggs should be a little creamy from the milk and cheeses.
- Serve warm.