When you have these fun-to-make mini pizzas, it’s no challenge finding lunch fare that the kids enjoy. Plus they pack nicely in sandwich bags and travel well, so there’s no mess. —Rhonda Cliett, Belton, Texas
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle and press into a greased muffin cup. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; spoon 1 teaspoonful into each cup. Top each with a slice of pepperoni and about 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lunch Box Pizzas in Quick Cooking July/August 1999