- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 small pickle, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 cups plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or sunflower seeds
- 16 medium strawberries
- For the egg salad: Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Cover and leave the eggs in the hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and place in an ice bath for 5 minutes, then peel the shells.
- Dice the eggs and combine with the mayonnaise, shallots, dill and pickles in a bowl. Season the egg salad with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the pitas in half and line each interior with a romaine leaf. Divide the egg salad among the pita halves. Be gentle with the pitas as they break easily.
- For the lunch box: Lay out four lunch containers. Divide the yogurt into 4 portions and sprinkle each with chia seeds on top. Place a yogurt portion, 1 pita half and 4 strawberries into each lunchbox.